Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2010/03/12 14:37:17 UTC

Directory Project(s) at GSOC 2010

Hi guys,

I've just promoted our old Jira issue DIRSTUDIO-60 (Add a LDAP Protocol diagnostic tool plugin to Apache Directory Studio) [1] as a project proposal for this year's Google Summer Of Code, as Keheliya Gallaba already showed interest in that project on the ML.
I also volunteered to be mentor for this project.

I was wondering if we should not try to propose other projects for GSOC in other areas like ApacheDS or the newly created API.
If anyone is interested in and has some time to mentor a project... ;)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: Directory Project(s) at GSOC 2010

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/12/10 2:37 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've just promoted our old Jira issue DIRSTUDIO-60 (Add a LDAP Protocol diagnostic tool plugin to Apache Directory Studio) [1] as a project proposal for this year's Google Summer Of Code, as Keheliya Gallaba already showed interest in that project on the ML.
> I also volunteered to be mentor for this project.
>
> I was wondering if we should not try to propose other projects for GSOC in other areas like ApacheDS or the newly created API.

Sure, we could. What would be ver interesting to have is a tool that
mimic SLAMD.
> If anyone is interested in and has some time to mentor a project... ;)

I don't have a lot of time to be a mentor, except if you have to be an
ASF member to be a mentor :/

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com