Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Cédrik LIME <cl...@icare-france.com> on 2005/11/24 10:15:10 UTC

Re: svn commit: r348665 - /tomcat/sandbox/java/org/apache/coyote/standalone/MainInetd.java

At 00:35 24/11/2005 -0800, you wrote:

><co...@apache.org> wrote in message
> > Author: costin
> > Date: Wed Nov 23 21:34:19 2005
> > New Revision: 348665

> > Log:
> > Another experiment - this class uses NIO to get the socket from Xinetd (
> > I'll also try
> > with launchd ). This allows starting tomcat on-demand, from xinetd/lauchd.
> > Work in progress, I also want to shutdown when idle for too long.
> >
> > This is also targeted to embeded/desktop use.
> >

>About the most useless waste of svn space I could imagine.  I mean, it's
>like a total reason to close off the sandbox right here.

Disk space is cheap. Why should we prevent new ideas from being expressed?

Even if this particular test won't make it in
HEAD, even if *most* of the experiments in the
sandbox will die, it is always useful to express
ideas: you never you, it may spark a light in
someone's head for the next killer feature.

+1 to keeping sandbox!

Besides... I find integrating TC with launchd is
worth its share of geekpoints! O:-)

         Cédrik