Posted to commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/02/09 12:09:54 UTC

[Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2009" by VincentHennebert

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by VincentHennebert:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2009

The comment on the change is:
A word about the new layout approach

  '''FOP'''

- No releases this quarter. The AFP GOCA branch has been folded into trunk and various improvements were done since then. Besides improving AFP support, finishing the branch with the new intermediate format was the other major topic in the past quarter. That branch is about to be finished within a matter of days. Besides that we've seen the usual bugfixing and a few smaller improvements. Activity on the users mailing list seems stable. The dev list may have been a tad less busy.
+ No releases this quarter. The AFP GOCA branch has been folded into trunk and various improvements were done since then. The branch with the new intermediate format is about to be finished within a matter of days. Research for an improved approach at page breaking continues. Besides that we've seen the usual bugfixing and a few smaller improvements. Activity on the users mailing list seems stable. The dev list may have been a tad less busy.

  We've discussed the version number for the next release to be done within the next reporting period. We finally seem to dare make the jump to 1.0. The previous ideas for the 1.0 release simply proved unrealistic. We will likely try to involve the PRC to help avoid false expectations on the user side due to a 1.0 release after almost 10 years of development. And we'll probably start with a beta phase first, like for the previous release.