Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Jin, Warren" <we...@ebay.com> on 2014/05/15 10:17:49 UTC

topic.log.retention.hours doesn't work

HI All,

My Kafka version is: kafka_2.9.2-0.8.1.1

I used topic.log.retention.hours to define the topic specific retention hours, but it haven't trigger the deletion of outdated logs.
Below are my settings:
log.retention.hours=12
topic.log.retention.hours=ssnzEvent:1

the general retention hours is 12 hours, for ssnzEvent it's 1 hour.  For ssnzEvent topic, it haven't trigger the deletion even for 10 hours file.
Do you know the reason, what's the correct usage for topic.log.retention.hours?

Thanks,
Warren

Re: topic.log.retention.hours doesn't work

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
>From 0.8.1 onwards, per topic config settings cannot be changed through the
properties file and you need to use the kafka-topics tool to do that.
Please see the documentation
here<http://kafka.apache.org/081/documentation.html#basic_ops_modify_topic>
.

Thanks,