Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by jr...@mcertain.net on 2006/07/13 07:18:21 UTC

BUG? commandLink href URLs too long (jsf_tree_64 value over 6k chars)

BUG? commandLink href URLs too long (jsf_tree_64 value over 6k chars)

The length of the value of the 'jsf_tree_64' parameter is 6517
characters long in my case, causing IE6 to render links that do
nothing when clicked. When reducing the number of characters in the
rendered HTML, IE6 can navigate the links.

I recently upgraded from Tomahawk ver 1.09 where this was not an
issue, to 1.13 where it is now occuring.

Because this URL is embedded in every commandLink of Tree2, this
state is duplicated on the HTML page 16 times - making for
obnoxiously large HTML.

I see this is related to the client state saving - any suggestions on
how I can get this to work again in the new version?

-- Jayson

Re: BUG? commandLink href URLs too long (jsf_tree_64 value over 6k chars)

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
If you use one form for the entire page, you shouldn't need to have
the attribute duplicated in every commandLink (each of which is
probably being put into its own form).