Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pal Wester <pa...@florence.never.no> on 2001/01/31 21:45:50 UTC

getting variables from esql_get-string into response.sendRedirect

I have a reulting xml after a post where I have
inserted a row in a table. now, I would like to add
something to it and have to get the last document-id
submitted by that user. (because thats about it)

that id i would like to have as a get as an argument
in an response.sendRedirect(URL?arg=argument) so the
next script would know which id to attach the extra
data....

<esql:query>SELECT seq from Q_MAG WHERE brukid='<xsp:expr>login</xsp:expr>'
order by seq desc limit 1</esql:query><esql:row-results>
	<esql:get-string column="seq"/>
</esql:row-results>

I would like to attach that string to a
	response.sendRedirect(URL?arg=seq)

Is there any simple solution to this?

thanks
Pal Wester

Re: getting variables from esql_get-string into response.sendRedirect

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Pal Wester wrote:

> I have a reulting xml after a post where I have
> inserted a row in a table. now, I would like to add
> something to it and have to get the last document-id
> submitted by that user. (because thats about it)
>
> that id i would like to have as a get as an argument
> in an response.sendRedirect(URL?arg=argument) so the
> next script would know which id to attach the extra
> data....
>
> <esql:query>SELECT seq from Q_MAG WHERE brukid='<xsp:expr>login</xsp:expr>'
> order by seq desc limit 1</esql:query><esql:row-results>
> 	<esql:get-string column="seq"/>
> </esql:row-results>
>
> I would like to attach that string to a
> 	response.sendRedirect(URL?arg=seq)
>
> Is there any simple solution to this?

<esql:execute-query>
  <esql:query>
    select seq from q_mag where brukid=<esql:parameter><xsp:expr>login</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>
    order by seq desc limit 1
  </esql:query>
  <esql:results>
    <esql:row-results>
      <xsp:logic>
        response.sendRedirect("/wherever/?arg="+<esql:get-string column="seq"/>);
      </xsp:logic>
    </esql:row-results>
  </esql:resluts>
</esql:execute-query>