Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeremy Conlin <jl...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/11 17:43:57 UTC

Setting auto properties after file(s) have been committed.

I just created some auto properties settings for my repository.  I
need to now apply these settings to all the files in my repository.
Is there some automated way to do this or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Setting auto properties after file(s) have been committed.

Posted by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net>.
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:43:57AM -0700, Jeremy Conlin wrote:
> I just created some auto properties settings for my repository.  I
> need to now apply these settings to all the files in my repository.
> Is there some automated way to do this or do I have to do it manually?

Look at the propedit and propset subcommands, and the -R flag. Failing
that, find [...] | xargs svn propset [...] or equivalent should be
helpful.

tyler

Re: Setting auto properties after file(s) have been committed.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:43, Jeremy Conlin <jl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just created some auto properties settings for my repository.  I
> need to now apply these settings to all the files in my repository.
> Is there some automated way to do this or do I have to do it manually?

Check out svn_apply_autoprops.py [1]. You'll need to check out any of
the items which need the properties applied. Any existing properties
will be removed/overwritten.

1: http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn_apply_autoprops.py