Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Nüßler <ma...@9elements.com> on 2008/09/18 22:12:50 UTC

point of view about jira 3340

hello developer list,

i would like to know your point of view about jira 3340,
please have a look [0].

The Problem [0] describes is, when running the service with
'enableMTOM=optional', the request ist MTOM and if the response
is a fault, axis2 does not send MTOM back
(what is fine for axis2 clients and maybe other stacks,
but not with WSE3).

The project i am responsible for uses 'only one' method,
that deals with filetransfer and needs MTOM enabled,
so i would like to use 'enableMTOM=optional'.

On clientside i have to use WSE3. Due to [0], i have to
run the service in 'enableMTOM=true' mode, so every message has
to be MTOM.

This month i wrote a mail [1] to ask for a workaround, cause i
was not able to fix this an WSE clientside.

For me it seems that i am not the only one, having this kind of
problem. Rainer, the one who raised the issue is still having
the problem too [2], maybee there are others ?

Thilina who gave some feedback in the user list suggest to
discuss this in the developer list - this is why i am writing.

I could imagine different kind of solutions, which i like to
discuss with you :

1) keep everthing as it is, like Thilina said in [2],
      ~ 'Personally I'm not a big fan of been bug compatible.'

2) when service is running with 'enableMTOM=optional',
    the response is MTOM when the request was MTOM.
      ~ which is maybe not meant by the standard

3) have another paramter or a fourth value for 'enableMTOM',
    something like 'optional_fault', that sends MTOM back.
      ~ to be compatible with bugs, others made

4) any others ... ?

best regards

derMark

[0] Issue, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3340