Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rth <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/06 17:01:31 UTC

Configuring destination memory usage with wild cards

If you configure memory usage with a policyEntry using a wildcard, does each
destination that matches get that much memory?

For instance, if I have this in my configuration file:

And I have two topics, /results.1/ and /results.2/.

Will each topic get 1MB of memory? Or will they share 1MB of memory?

I believe they each get 1MB but I'm not sure how to confirm this.

Re: Configuring destination memory usage with wild cards

Posted by rth <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response. They are visible via JMX and that's why I assumed
that was the case. I just wanted confirmation.

Has there been any though given to making those memory limits configurable
as megabytes? It would be more human friendly, and easier to calculate with
regard to the memoryUsage limit.

The ability to configure as a percentage of the memoryUsage limit would be
even better.

Re: Configuring destination memory usage with wild cards

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I think the limits are visible via JMX (it's been a while and I'm going on
memory because I'm not currently able to check, so I might be wrong), and
if so that would be a way to test this if you still wanted one.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.