Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/03/07 17:59:53 UTC

re LocalCheck (was Re: #Servers)

Martin wrote:

> Just a quick note. Saw httpunit fail on a prereq. I wrote the java
> version of LocalCheck (which checks if the downloaded prereqs are al
> present), is there a replacement for this already ? It is very usefull
> when setting up gump :)

I need to put this information into the Wiki, so we can all know it/build
upon it, so I will....

> Since I don't know python, it will be a challenge to create a localcheck
> for gumpy... :)

As a Java programmer you'd be amazed at how much Python you know. At the
middle-of-the-road level (like me) on can consider the difference as mainly
syntactic. Indents (instead of {} blocks) take a little while to get used
to, but you soon love them.

regards

Adam