Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Martin <st...@planomartins.com> on 2005/08/14 00:12:07 UTC

3.1 and Net::Ident

I'm getting ready for 3.1 and noticed one of the prerequisites is
Net::Ident.

MacOS 10.4 no longer includes an ident daemon so I scrounged about a
bit and found one...

http://www.macmax.org/article.php3?id_article=39

But, it fails test 6 of the Net::Ident install (it still works after
the connection closes which makes me think is just a "fake" identd.

1) Is Net::Ident really required?
2) Does anyone know a good working identd for MacOS 10.4?

Anytyhing wrong with forcing the install despite the test failure?

--
Steve Martin                              http://www.cheezmo.com/
Smart Calibration, LLC           http://www.smartcalibration.com/

Re: 3.1 and Net::Ident

Posted by Steve Martin <st...@planomartins.com>.
OK, I'll forget identd...

Sometimes it is hard for me to resist trying things like that
"because they are there".

Re: 3.1 and Net::Ident

Posted by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu>.

Re: 3.1 and Net::Ident

Posted by Steve Martin <st...@planomartins.com>.
My mistake.

I wasn't looking to closely just saw the list of things it said
weren't installed.

I guess it isn't a big deal, but now that I've started down the path
of trying to get it working ...

Re: 3.1 and Net::Ident

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.