Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ram shankar <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/05 20:44:22 UTC

Embedded error: Error while executing the external compiler'

Hello
I am getting the error 'Embedded error: Error while
executing the external compiler'.
This occurs when I have the following configurations -
<plugin>
        	<configuration>
                	<fork>true</fork>
                        <verbose>true</verbose>

<compilerVersion>1.3</compilerVersion>

<executable>D:\jdk1.3.1_19/bin/javac</executable>
                </configuration>
</plugin>

I have more than 1200 java files in my project which i
need to compile with jdk 1.3. I guess the javac
command is too large and hence this problem.
Can somebody suggest a way to solve this problem

Thanks in advance
Ram

Re: Embedded error: Error while executing the external compiler'

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try to compile on another operating system ie Linux. Perhaps the javac
command is too long for Windows but will work on Linux?

Or split your project up a bit -- 1200 files is quite a lot. Make a
few library jars and use dependencies to bring it all together.

Wayne