Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Carter, Will" <WC...@envestnetpmc.com> on 2002/07/18 23:29:14 UTC

trying to make a progress bar...fop in a servlet...

does anyone know of an example I could look at that redirects the logkit's output stream to a servlet?

is there a mailing list that pertains to logkit?

I apologize for my ignorance.

thanks,
will

Re: trying to make a progress bar...fop in a servlet...

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
I haven't got that particular example but...

LogKit is part of the Jakarta Avalon project.

Here's the website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/logkit/index.html

The mailing list for asking questions on LogKit is "Avalon Users List"
and can be found under:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html

To redirect the output of LogKit to something else (a servlet in your
case) you can implement a new LogTarget. Subclass org.apache.log.output.AbstractTarget
and overwrite the following method:
protected void doProcessEvent(LogEvent event) throws Exception

In this method you get all messages that are relayed to this LogTarget
and here you can redirect them to your Servlet.

The Logkit whitepaper and our Embedding docs (http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html) then
tell you how to use your new LogTarget.

I hope this helps.

> does anyone know of an example I could look at that redirects the logkit's output stream to a servlet?
>
> is there a mailing list that pertains to logkit?

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki