Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cobrien <cl...@ttmsolutions.com> on 2010/08/01 02:27:04 UTC

Re: Enable durable subscribers to receive previously published msgs

Hi,You explained it clearly but I will recap just to be sure. You have the
following sequence of events.

1) create Topic.
2) persistent messages arrive in Topic.
3) ActiveMQ is bounced.
4) Durable subscriber subscribes to topic.

I am assuming you are installing on cloud images (called AMI for Amazon)
and these images are dynamically created and deleted at runtime.

This is not a trivial problem but here is an idea:

I would configure a network of brokers with one ActiveMQ Broker deployed on
an always-on image (AMI) acting as a proxy and SAF agent.
On this proxy set dynamicOnly and a low prefetch size to make sure the
consumer is active on the image broker  when the message is forwarded.

-Clark

www.ttmsolutions.com
ActiveMQ reference guide at
http://bit.ly/AMQRefGuide