Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Do-Risika RAFIEFERANTSIARONJY <do...@madacom.mg> on 2004/03/16 08:07:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse proxy not working with POST method ...

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a reverse proxy with apache to access another internal
application (also with apache).

It just works fine until a *POST method* is called, in which case it is
redirecting to the protected host, instead of *proxy*ing.

I already tried with ProxyPass/ProxyReverse :

     ProxyRequests off
     ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.254/
     ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.254/

and with mod_rewrite :

     RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://192.168.0.254/$1 [P]
     RewriteCond /$1  -U
     RewriteRule ^http://192.168.0.254/(.*)$ /$1

but both behave the same.

Having googled and searched through list archives, I've found some users
encountering the same problem, but did not see any solution.

I want to ask if it is *just impossible* ? or if there is any tips to do this ?

Version tested : apache-1.3.26 and apache-2.0.48, on Debian woody.

Thanks in advance,

--
DouRiX
    ["In each of us are places where we have never gone. Only by pressing the

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy not working with POST method ...

Posted by Do-Risika RAFIEFERANTSIARONJY <do...@madacom.mg>.
> Do-Risika RAFIEFERANTSIARONJY wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to setup a reverse proxy with apache to access another
>> internal application (also with apache).
>>
>> It just works fine until a *POST method* is called, in which case it
>> is redirecting to the protected host, instead of *proxy*ing.

Finally, It's *normal* that it doesn't work, according to this link :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=107689122112161&w=2

Just for those still having the same problem :)

Cheers,

--
DouRiX
     [ABDICATION, n. An act whereby a sovereign attests his sense of the high

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy not working with POST method ...

Posted by Do-Risika RAFIEFERANTSIARONJY <do...@madacom.mg>.
Anybody have a solution for my problem ?

--
DouRiX

--
DouRiX
    ["Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing." -- Mark Twain]