Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Anders Svensson <an...@simusoft.dk> on 2000/06/05 17:45:10 UTC

Serializer and internal server error

Hi

I am having major problems with XMLSerializer

     XMLSerializer xmlSerializer;
     try {

       xmlSerializer = new XMLSerializer (out, new OutputFormat (doc,
Retrieve.getEncoding(), true));

     xmlSerializer.asDOMSerializer().serialize(doc);

     } catch (IOException e) {
         System.err.println("ERROR Creating the Outputfile.");
         e.printStackTrace();
     } catch (IllegalStateException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
     }
     catch (Exception e) {
       e.printStackTrace();
     }

Often this works, but about every 3'rd time, I get Internal Server Error.

The document I'm parsing is the same(but a rather large one). It is
run on a Linux, Apache 1.3.12, jServ 1.1.1.

There is NO error in the apache error log, or in jserv.log

Does anyone have any suggestions???
--
Simu Soft
v/Anders Svensson

Re: Serializer and internal server error

Posted by Anders Svensson <an...@simusoft.dk>.
>Have you tried catching Throwable and then printing a stacktrace? - perhaps
>the cause of the error is not an Exception...

now I have, with the same result:

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, mail@simusoft.dk and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.simusystem.com Port 80

The above, is what's returned to my browser???

Nothing in error.log, jserv.log. But if I reload the page, about
every 3'rd time it works. I'm reading a large file, and parsing it to
xml. Same page, but with error about every 3'rd time.  VERY STRANGE

Posted by Lisa Retief <li...@exinet.co.za>.
Have you tried catching Throwable and then printing a stacktrace? - perhaps
the cause of the error is not an Exception...

Anders Svensson wrote:

Problem is, that I log to my own log-file. Just before entering the
try-catch and after the try-catch.

When it works, I get both statements to my log fil, but when it goes
wrong, it ends somewhere inside the try-catch.

Are there any know problems with jserv and xerces, that could
generate this error?

Posted by Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
Anders Svensson wrote:

> >Stack trace?
> >
> >arkin
> >
> Nope - that's the funny/strange thing.
> All I get is  Internal Server Error returned in the browser. The try
> - catch in the code does not catch the error.
>
> Suggestions?

No idea. You are catching all exceptions, so the error must be outside
of the try/catch code.

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org

Re: Serializer and internal server error

Posted by Anders Svensson <an...@simusoft.dk>.

Posted by Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
Stack trace?

arkin