Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/07/26 18:48:17 UTC

issue w/ test:test goal being run multiple times when dist goal is executed

When I run "maven dist", my project's unit tests get run three times:

1) because test:test is a prereq of jar:jar
2) because test:test is a prereq of war:webapp
  (which I call from a dist:prepare-bin-filesystem postgoal in
maven.xml)
3) because junit-report:report does an attainGoal of test:test

Running the unit test three times slows down the dist build and also
clutters Maven's output. Does anyone know of a workaround for this
issue?

Thanks,
Ian

Avoid running multiple goals (was: RE: issue w/ test:test goal being run multiple times when dist goal is executed)

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
I personally run site with junit, clover and jcoverage reports and would be
difficult to skip test:test.

I see it more a general question for all plugins. Maven should keep track of
goals run and don't run again them. Plugins should be able to override that,
e.g. clover could set test:test as "not run".

I don't know if this was thought for next releases and m2, can anyone tell?

I'll move this discussion to developer list.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project