Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nocturnal3d <no...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 07:33:52 UTC

Using ActiveMQ embeded in WAR deployed to IBM Websphere

Hi, I would like to know if there is a good example demonstrating how to
embed ActiveMQ inside a web application and deploy it to IBM Websphere.

My company uses Websphere 8, we are developing a high volume
publish/subscribe app and would like to use ActiveMQ - would it be wise to
deploy a WAR file with ActiveMQ embedded and another WAR file with our app
connecting to that ActiveMQ instance? or should we bootstrap ActiveMQ inside
our app directly? We currently don't have the option of running ActiveMQ
standalone.

thanking you in advance.

Re:Using ActiveMQ embeded in WAR deployed to IBM Websphere

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.
Take a look at
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html
It's not a good idea to bootstrap the embeded broker inside a web application.
Your other web applications that connects to the broker depends on the first
startup of the web application which bootstraps the broker. You may have to
assign bootstrap order for web applications in WebSphere.