Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "S. Ali Tokmen" <sa...@bull.net> on 2010/03/26 15:39:28 UTC

TarDataFormat ?

Hello

CAMEL has a nice GZipDataFormat, which can accept .tar.gz files. That's
nice.

But, if I create a route that takes .tar.gz files with that processor,
it will only take the .tar.gz and output a .tar. It would be lovely if
it could also decompress the .tar (which can contain many other sub
files), while checking that the GZ and TAR have the correct format.

Is this possible?

Cheers

--

S. Ali Tokmen
savas-ali.tokmen@bull.net

Office: +33 4 76 29 76 19
GSM:    +33 66 43 00 555

Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
http://www.bull.com

Re: TarDataFormat ?

Posted by "S. Ali Tokmen" <sa...@bull.net>.
Hello

Le 27/03/2010 21:14, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :
>>> But, if I create a route that takes .tar.gz files with that processor, it
>>> will only take the .tar.gz and output a .tar. It would be lovely if it could
>>> also decompress the .tar (which can contain many other sub files), while
>>> checking that the GZ and TAR have the correct format.
>>>
>> The commons-vfs projects have maybe support for this, but its a
>> project which seems dead.
>>
> Its possible with commons compress. VFS does have tar support too, but
> it wants to move to compress also. VFS by the way is not dead - its
> just not developed much :-)
>
> I wanted to contribute something for camel with compress in the past
> but couldn't do it because of time - sorry

OK, I've also seen Apache ANT also has nice components for this.

I might look into it in the future.

Thanks

Re: TarDataFormat ?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> But, if I create a route that takes .tar.gz files with that processor, it
>> will only take the .tar.gz and output a .tar. It would be lovely if it could
>> also decompress the .tar (which can contain many other sub files), while
>> checking that the GZ and TAR have the correct format.
>
> The commons-vfs projects have maybe support for this, but its a
> project which seems dead.

Its possible with commons compress. VFS does have tar support too, but
it wants to move to compress also. VFS by the way is not dead - its
just not developed much :-)

I wanted to contribute something for camel with compress in the past
but couldn't do it because of time - sorry

Christian

Re: TarDataFormat ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM, S. Ali Tokmen
<sa...@bull.net> wrote:
> Hello
>
> CAMEL has a nice GZipDataFormat, which can accept .tar.gz files. That's
> nice.
>
> But, if I create a route that takes .tar.gz files with that processor, it
> will only take the .tar.gz and output a .tar. It would be lovely if it could
> also decompress the .tar (which can contain many other sub files), while
> checking that the GZ and TAR have the correct format.
>
> Is this possible?

I don't know, contributions is much welcome.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/