Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/03/25 04:17:47 UTC

t5: forwarding in index

Hi,

we can return a page class in the index page to redirect to another page,
but the URL in the browser got changed as well, is there a way to do a
forward in the index page so that the URL in the browser remain the same,
example:

http://localhost:8080?myquerystring

I can capture myQueryString in the HttpServletRequest injected in the
Index.java, and I'd like to forward this to /myOtherPage/p1/p2, without
browser's url got updated, possible?

Thanks,

Angelo

Re: t5: forwarding in index

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:00 AM, Ville Virtanen
<vi...@cerion.fi> wrote:

> Two possibilities that I can see:
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/conf.html and
> tapestry.suppress-redirect-from-action-requests. Otherwise T5 will send
> redirect to browser and the url in the browser changes.

It's an option, but one that will cause more problems than solve . . .

> Other is some url re-write magic.

Added in 5.1.0.1 and completed in 5.1.0.2 (rewriting of
Tapestry-generated links):
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/guide/url-rewriting.html.

--
Thiago

Re: t5: forwarding in index

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.
Two possibilities that I can see:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/conf.html and
tapestry.suppress-redirect-from-action-requests. Otherwise T5 will send
redirect to browser and the url in the browser changes.

Other is some url re-write magic.

 - Ville