Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Siju Joseph <si...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/21 19:18:24 UTC

NotSerializableException for org.apache.log4j.Category

Hi,

I am using Log4j in my Session EJBs. I keep getting
the NotSerializableException during the passivation of
the EJBs. If any of you have faced a similar issue,
please advise:

java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.log4j.Category

I have tried making it transiet variable and making it
to null during passivation and initializing it during
activation. Still, I was having the same issue.

Thanks in advance,
Siju

Re: NotSerializableException for org.apache.log4j.Category

Posted by Anna Battenhouse <an...@cci-triad.com>.
Siju -

The Logger is really meant to be stored in a static (hence automatically
transient) class member. If you must store it in an instance variable mark
it as transient and initialize it in its variable initialization expression.

- Anna