Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Trevor Francis <tr...@tgrahamcapital.com> on 2012/11/13 22:17:56 UTC

Large Bandwidth

I am considering deploying a high bandwidth (high pps) application over XS and cloudstack. I am concerned with the hypervisor slowing down the connection. Each host will need to run a minimum of 800Mbps of bandwidth at 500,000 pps. I was thinking of deploying XE with dual GigE in active/active setup. Thoughts?

Should I deploy the application in Bare metal?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

RE: Large Bandwidth

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Trevor,

You should talk to XS about this.  CloudStack should be fine with this setup but you need verification on XS about whether it can sustain and whether active/active is a supported bond.

--Alex

I am considering deploying a high bandwidth (high pps) application over XS and cloudstack. I am concerned with the hypervisor slowing down the connection. Each host will need to run a minimum of 800Mbps of bandwidth at 500,000 pps. I was thinking of deploying XE with dual GigE in active/active setup. Thoughts?

Should I deploy the application in Bare metal?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com<ma...@46labs.com>

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDC1A1.927307C0] [cid:image002.jpg@01CDC1A1.927307C0]