Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/14 06:40:46 UTC

Embedding Wink and how to simplify addition of Request/Response handlers

Currently, embedding Wink requires extending multiple Wink Server
classes, particularly if you want to add special handlers etc. It
seems that some of this could be simplified, particularly in the case
of adding user specific handlers. I was wondering if, instead of
having to provide my own DeploymentConfiguration that needs to
override the specific handler initialization method, we could expose
the actual list of handlers in the Wink DeploymentConfiguration and
allow embedders to add new handlers to this list in the
getDeploymentConfiguration in the Servlet ? This might also require
some updates on how the handler chain is processed, basically delaying
the initialization of the handler chain or updating the
AbstractHandlersChain to process userHandlers and Handlers as two
separate lists.

Thoughts ? In case people are ok with this approach, I have a patch in
hand that I can provide.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Embedding Wink and how to simplify addition of Request/Response handlers

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Luciano,

Can you please open a JIRA and post your patch? :) +1 to making things
simpler to extend in principle.

-- dims