Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Eric MacAdie <er...@MacAdie.net> on 2009/03/26 05:43:15 UTC

Need guidance on code

Could someone explain to me how to build James? I am trying to build it
with NetBeans, and I am not having any success.

I downloaded the code by running
svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/ james

I tried to point NetBeans to the root directory on my machine, and it
froze going over the directories. I tried pointing it to server/trunk,
server/trunk/smtpserver-function, server/trunk/smtpserver-function/src
and I kept getting package errors. Do I have to point NetBeans to every
*/src/main/java/* folder?

Also: Can I build the IMAP and SMTP servers in the same project? Should
I just use ant and forget about using an IDE?

Eric MacAdie

Re: Need guidance on code

Posted by Eric MacAdie <er...@MacAdie.net>.
Thanks for the info.