Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2000/01/26 21:19:04 UTC

XSP bugs

I've been testing XSP and am noticing that every time a page is accessed a
new session is created.  Sample is here:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="car.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
    <DOCUMENT>
        <xsp:logic>System.out.println(session.getId());</xsp:logic>
    </DOCUMENT>
</xsp:page>

If you hit refresh on your browser, the session id changes every time which
I'm assuming means the server is accumulating session objects.

also encodeURL and encodeRedirectURL don't seem to be working at all.  Has
anyone tested either of them with the XSP wrapper?  I have tried all sorts
of different samples and the session id never shows up in the encoded URL.

Mike

Re: XSP bugs

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> I've been testing XSP and am noticing that every time a page is accessed a
> new session is created.  Sample is here:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="car.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
>
> <xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
> <DOCUMENT>
> <xsp:logic>System.out.println(session.getId());</xsp:logic>
> </DOCUMENT>
> </xsp:page>
>
> If you hit refresh on your browser, the session id changes every time which
> I'm assuming means the server is accumulating session objects.
>
> also encodeURL and encodeRedirectURL don't seem to be working at all.  Has
> anyone tested either of them with the XSP wrapper?  I have tried all sorts
> of different samples and the session id never shows up in the encoded URL.
>
> Mike
Ooops - I had no idea that Tomcat doesn't support URL Rewriting.  Major
oversite on my part to miss that.  I just assumed that since JSWDK had it
Tomcat automatically would as well.
Anyway, that's what was freaking out the sessions.

sorry about that...

Mike