Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@intalio.com> on 2002/12/12 22:20:38 UTC

JDBC Connection Pool for Phoenix

Folks,

Is there a JDBC Connection Pool that can be run as a block in Phoenix?

cheers
</jima>

Re: Phoenix occasionally hangs on ctrl-c

Posted by Greg Steuck <gr...@nest.cx>.
    >> Occasionally when i ctrl-c my phoenix application it does not
    >> exit properly.  It prints a message indicating that the JVM is
    >> exiting but it never returns to the command prompt. The only way
    >> to terminate the application is to kill my window. I am running
    >> Phoenix 4.0.2 on my W2K box.  Anyone else seen this problem?

Jim, did you try to press ctrl-break at this point? Normally it prints
stack traces, but I'm not sure if this feature works during shutdown. It
may help you trace the problem if it really is what Ulrich suggested.

Re: Phoenix occasionally hangs on ctrl-c

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Jim Alateras wrote:
> Occasionally when i ctrl-c my phoenix application it does not exit properly.
> It prints a message indicating that the JVM is exiting but it never returns
> to the command prompt. The only way to terminate the application is to kill
> my window. I am running Phoenix 4.0.2 on my W2K box.
>
> Anyone else seen this problem?

Yes, this can happen, when one of your components doesn't release its
resources. For example, maybe you have a block with a dispose() method
and Phoenix hangs there. Or maybe you have some connection open and
Phoenix/the JVM can't close it.

Ulrich

Phoenix occasionally hangs on ctrl-c

RE: JDBC Connection Pool for Phoenix

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com>.
Yep.  Excalibur has the DataSourceComponent package, and
Cornerstone uses it in its own DataSourceSelector.  The
Cornerstone version merely wraps the DataSourceComponent
so that you can have more than one datasource in your
project.