Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> on 2006/08/09 13:30:49 UTC

Authentication between brokers in one network

Hi,

I need to use network of brokers each of them is requires
authentication. Configuration of first broker looks like:

<beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

     <broker name="m0" persistent="false">

         <transportConnectors>
             <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:0"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
         </transportConnectors>

         <networkConnectors>
             <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>
         </networkConnectors>

         <persistenceAdapter>
             <memoryPersistenceAdapter/>
         </persistenceAdapter>

         <plugins>
             <jaasAuthenticationPlugin configuration="activemq-domain"
/>
             <authorizationPlugin>
                 <map>
                     <authorizationMap>
                         <authorizationEntries>
                             <authorizationEntry topic=">" read="admins"
write="admins" admin="admins" />
                             <authorizationEntry topic="monitoring.>"
read="consumers" write="producers" admin="producers,consumers,admins" />

                             <authorizationEntry queue="monitoring.>"
read="consumers" write="producers" admin="producers,consumers,admins" />
                             <authorizationEntry
topic="ActiveMQ.Advisory.>" read="producers,consumers"
write="producers,consumers" admin="producers,consumers"/>
                         </authorizationEntries>
                     </authorizationMap>
                 </map>
             </authorizationPlugin>
         </plugins>

     </broker>

</beans>

Second broker configuration is the same but broker name is m1. I can
start broker m0 without any errors. After second broker start I got:

INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ null JMS Message Broker
(localhost) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information
please see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
INFO  TransportServerThreadSupport   - Listening for connections at:
tcp://m0.ats-network.stc.donpac.ru:57500
WARN  MulticastDiscoveryAgent        - brokerName not set
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector tcp://localhost:0 Started
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector bridge Started
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(localhost, ID:m0.ats-network.stc.donpac.ru-58271-1155128478125-0:0) started
setting based dir=/home/john/AMQ/conf
WARN  Service                        - Failed to remove connection
ConnectionInfo {commandId = 1, responseRequired = false, connectionId =
ID:m1.ats-network.stc.donpac.ru-39196-1155128513928-3:0, clientId =
NC_localhost_outboundlocalhost, userName = null, password = null,
brokerPath = null, brokerMasterConnector = false, manageable = false}
java.lang.SecurityException: User is not authenticated.

So, how can I connect brokers to each other? Can I modify
networkConnector uri or setup username and password in another way?

Eugene Prokopiev

Re: Authentication between brokers in one network

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
See

http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/incubator-activemq/incubator-activemq/4.1-SNAPSHOT/activemq.xsd.html#networkConnector

for how to specify the username and password on a <networkConnector/>

--

James
-------