Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Николай Ижиков <ni...@apache.org> on 2022/07/19 13:41:52 UTC

[DISCUSSION] BPlusTree design: links and papers

Hello, Igniters and espesially Ignite veterans.

While study Ignite B+ tree I’m wondering - what was initial design of this data structure?
Is it based on some paper or inspired by some existing implementation?
What should I study beside source code to better understand Ignite b+ tree and how it can be improved?

Re: [DISCUSSION] BPlusTree design: links and papers

Posted by Ivan Bessonov <be...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Nikolay,

as far as I know, the following paper usually referred as a part of
original inspiration:
https://www.csd.uoc.gr/~hy460/pdf/p650-lehman.pdf

I also heard rumors that the code was partially inspired by the PostgreSQL
implementation.

I don't know any other sources except for the code itself. Let's wait for
Sergi's reply in case
you contact him.

--
Sincerely yours,
Ivan Bessonov

Re: [DISCUSSION] BPlusTree design: links and papers

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nikolay,