Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/09/27 14:59:27 UTC

jira issue mailing

Hi all,

I tried to figure out why JIRA messages aren't getting through, and
did the moderation allow thing and successfully sent a test message,
but nothing from issues. Notification scheme and permission scheme
(everyone can browse) seem correct. I've let Jeff Turner know -
hopefully we'll figure it out.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: jira issue mailing

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
But you probably don't want that on the TCK JIRA, right?

You'll probably need to setup a user with the list email and with the
TCK permissions and send the notifications to it.

Re: jira issue mailing

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: jira issue mailing

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Sep 28, 2006, at 8:52 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2006, at 8:13 PM, Jeff Turner wrote:

>>> Looks like it was related to the RSS issue.  I yanked the perms from
>>> Browsing (added via jelly) and added them back via the web interface
>>> and all seems to be well now.  Tempted to do that with all the
>>> permissions just to be sure.
>>
>> Yes, the AddPermission tag is buggy, and doesn't flush the permission
>> cache:
>>
>> http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5916
>>
>> but I bounced JIRA after running the Jelly script, so that should
>> have
>> fixed it. Are you sure that removing/readding the permission changed
>> anything?
>
> Absolutely sure.  During testing I did the restart thing over and
> over as I recalled you saying adding permissions had issues and
> potentially required a restart.  It never had any affect.
>
> To test, I had safari open in one window (authenticated) and
> firefox open in another window (unauthenticated).  I started
> verifying that Firefox was giving me the error I reported.  Then I
> popped over to Safari and yanked all groups and users from Browse.
> Flipped back to Firefox, no go as expected.  In Safari I re-added
> the Anyone group to Browse.  Flipped over to Firefox, did a refresh
> and everything was fine.
>
> Our email issue went away immediately too.
>
> While writing this email, to double verify, I booted back up the
> test JIRA server I was using and browsed to a previously imported
> project with Firefox (unauthenticated).  Wasn't able to see any
> issues.  I removed and re-added Anyone to Browse, popped back over
> to firefox, hit refresh and the issue page came up.

We're having a similar problem w/ this for the Geronimo TCK project.
Could this be the same cause?

Regards,
Alan

Re: jira issue mailing