Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jack L <jl...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/04/01 19:36:07 UTC

Re[2]: Update doc boost and field boost w/o reposting?

Hello Ryan,

Interesting. So it's solr only and does not require new Lucene
functionality? I think storing the fields that may change in
the future is ok.

--
Best regards,
Jack

Re: Re[2]: Update doc boost and field boost w/o reposting?

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is only solr - and will have a normal HTTP interface, no lucene.

But as i said, the catch is that *all* fields must be stored, not only
the ones you want to change.  Solr will pull the document out of the
index, modify it and put it back - it can only pull out stored fields
so you must store everything...