Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/01/28 10:39:25 UTC

Capstone project and new build

Hi.

Last week the capstone project managed to completely generate a module
(hwpfilter) without using build and/or makefiles. It is all done in a
visual studio solution.

The next targets are:
1) expand the solution to multiple modules (this is more or less just work)
2) define a xslt that generates a Makefile (we have tested that we can
store the extra information needed in the vxproj file)
3) Define a way to set common defines in all vxproj files (most likely a
xslt)
4) Document the new system.

The project started with 4 students, 1 left the project and 1 is less
active, however the remaining 2 really do a good job.

We have defined the branch capstone, but only use it locally and to merge
from trunk, so at this point in time the solution is not available.

rgds
jan I.

Re: Capstone project and new build

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 29.01.2014 08:53, jan i wrote:
> On 29 January 2014 08:46, Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28.01.2014 10:39, jan i wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Last week the capstone project managed to completely generate a module
>>> (hwpfilter) without using build and/or makefiles. It is all done in a
>>> visual studio solution.
>>>
>> That is really good news.  Thank you and everybody involved for your great
>> work.
>> Do you have a link to your changes?  I would like to see what you have
>> done.
>>
> At the moment I keep the actual files of the radar, because it undergoes
> rapid changes. However I think we see each other at the end of the week and
> there I can show you and we can discuss my makefile idea.

That is good enough for me :-)
See you in Brussels.

-Andre

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.