Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kenneth Ahn Jensen <ka...@it-c.dk> on 2003/01/20 14:29:06 UTC

Problem with jws-deployment (newbie)

Hello

I am running Tomcat 4.0.2 and axis 1.1 beta with J2SDK 1.4.1-01 on
Mandrake 9.0 linux (and on Red Hat 8.0).
---

The Happyaxis page reports no problems, and Tomcat can server my own
servlets just fine, but the Echoheaders example, along with every other
.jws service I try generates no output, but a ServletException
(NoClassDefFoundEx.) in the localhost_log file.

Also, the first time after each tomcat-restart that I try to reach a
jws-service, i get this message in the catalina.out logfile:
- Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file:
/WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd
-only, it doesn't create any file anywhere?

Tomcat is running as user tomcat, who owns the complete tomcat- and
axis directories, and the attributes are 775 on all the files/dirs.

I have created a $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/jwsClasses directory
and given user tomcat write permissions (this helped when I used axis a
couple of months ago) but nothing changed this time.

All the jar-files from the Axis distribution are in the CLASSPATH as well
as the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib (endorsed) directory, so that shouldn't
be a problem either...

Any ideas?

I know this problem (missing server-config.wsdd) has been discussed
several times, but I haven't been able to find the solution anywhere in
the mailarchives - and neither could Google help me out...
I used Tomcat/Axis in a project last semester and it worked almost
flawlessly (a nightly build from early november that i lost along the
way), and tomorrow i have the exam for that project and I can't get the
damn thing to work - which means that my program can not be  demo'ed
during the examination. That sucks big time... :-(

Best regards
Kenneth

Re: Problem with jws-deployment (newbie)

Posted by Kenneth Ahn Jensen <ka...@it-c.dk>.
Hi Jess

Thanks for the quick reply.  :-)

I have tried the URL?wdsl as well, and still no output. This exception
is generated both if i do a GET service?wsdl and GET
service?method=methodname. I have appended the exception below:

Best regards
Kenneth

Exception from localhost_log.date:

2003-01-20 14:48:56 StandardWrapperValve[AxisServlet]: Servlet.service()
for servlet AxisServlet threw exception
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils$2.run(ClassUtils.java:179)
	at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:171)
	at org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:112)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getJavaClass(WSDDDeployableItem.java:389)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.makeNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:331)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:310)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:296)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.getHandler(WSDDDeployment.java:455)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:312)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:296)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDChain.makeNewInstance(WSDDChain.java:168)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:310)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:296)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDTargetedChain.makeNewInstance(WSDDTargetedChain.java:190)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getNewInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:310)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployableItem.getInstance(WSDDDeployableItem.java:296)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.getTransport(WSDDDeployment.java:470)
	at
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.getTransport(FileProvider.java:282)
	at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getTransport(AxisEngine.java:281)
	at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:449)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.processWsdlRequest(AxisServlet.java:464)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:284)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

Posted by Jess Sightler <js...@eximtechnologies.com>.
Hi Kenneth,