Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ali Naddaf <al...@naddaf.org> on 2009/02/12 18:25:50 UTC

servicebased example in the Felix trunk

Hi.

I was looking up something in the "example" subproject of the trunk and
came across the Activator.java in the
org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host package. There, in the main()
method for the standalone invocation, it is using the Felix(Map, List)
constructor which if I am not mistaking is an older implementation and
has been removed. My questions is how that code even successfully
compiles when I build the Felix? Am I missing something? The current
constructor only takes one argument (Map) and my second question is how
should I pass the activator instance to Felix (i.e. how to provide, in
the new implementation, what the second argument used to provide)?

Many thanks,
Ali.

Re: servicebased example in the Felix trunk

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Ali Naddaf wrote:
> I was looking up something in the "example" subproject of the trunk
> and came across the Activator.java in the
> org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host package. There, in the
> main() method for the standalone invocation, it is using the
> Felix(Map, List) constructor which if I am not mistaking is an older
> implementation and has been removed. My questions is how that code
> even successfully compiles when I build the Felix? Am I missing
> something? The current constructor only takes one argument (Map)

The pom.xml file specifies Felix version 1.0.4, which is what it
compiles against, so it is not using the new version of Felix. These
examples should be updated. Please create a JIRA issue and complain
about this.

> and my second question is how should I pass the activator instance to
> Felix (i.e. how to provide, in the new implementation, what the second
> argument used to provide)?

Check out this documentation:

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html

-> richard