Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/19 02:12:07 UTC

Cordova dev discussions on GitHub

I started thinking it might be cool to have Cordova dev discussions in
issues separate from apache/cordova/issues, which I think is the standard,
default place where users raise general issues they encounter and where we
can communicate major things such as breaking changes and deprecated
functionality. My idea would be to have a "cordova-dev" issue repository,
as a GitHub equivalent to the dev channel on Slack, lower level than
cordova-contribute and higher level than cordova-coho.

I completely understand that this would not be super practical given both
the impending major release and how we work with Apache infra. But just
food for thought we can chew on in the background. Maybe we could use
something else such as cordova-discuss, cordova-coho, or even
cordova-common?

Just an idea.

Re: Cordova dev discussions on GitHub

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback. I would definitely agree not increase the number
of communication channels, just to evaluate possibly optimize what we have
now. I would also hope to find ways to consolidate, rename, and/or remove
some of these communication channels. The mailing list does seem good for
discussions, but seems pretty bad to me for anything that should be tracked
and not forgotten.

My main point was to see if we can find a way to improve the abstraction
between high-level discussions that do affect the user community and
lower-level tasks that would not be of interest to most users.

Posted by ra...@gmail.com.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.