Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2018/08/09 10:17:35 UTC

ant and encoding of properties files

Hi all,

newer ant versions can do the char encoding conversion done by
native2ascii by itself. That means we could store a variant of the
localization message properties files encoded with UTF-8 and let ant do
the conversion at compile time. That way it would be easier to spell
check the localized messages.

Downside would be that we would have to switch to newer ant versions
(not a bad idea anyway) and that it would be less clear for newcomers
which file they would have to edit.

What do you think about switching to UTF-8 encoded localization files
and converting them with ant at compile time?

Regards,

  Felix

Re: ant and encoding of properties files

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Felix,
No strong opinion, I guess manipulating in utf-8 is easier so a  +1 for
your proposal

Thanks

On Thursday, August 9, 2018, Felix Schumacher <

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.