Posted to user@poi.apache.org by José Roberto Rodrigues dos Santos <jr...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/07 01:44:46 UTC

How can i read a large excel file using POI?

Hi,
  I need to read a excel file data to export it to a mysql database, but i
am facing memory issues...someone has an example to read largest excel
files?
My excel file has 59 columns and more than 80000 rows...

Thanks a lot to all....

--
"*O que me preocupa não é o grito dos maus.
É o silêncio dos bons*." - *Martin Luther King*

Re: How can i read a large excel file using POI?

Posted by kothaaja <ko...@gmail.com>.
Yegor,
Currently we are using usermodel for xls and xlsx  extensions,does it have
any advantages if we move to
eventuser model?Is there any way we can reach the large xl files in chunks.
Please let me know.

Thanks a lot to every one.

Re: How can i read a large excel file using POI?

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
You want to use the Spreadsheet Event API, see
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/how-to.html