Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/01 07:21:25 UTC

[code] Berkeley DB has non-permissive license [was: Re: Moving ext_src to Apache]

Hi,

On 30.11.2011 11:48, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/29/11 12:04 AM, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Am 30.10.2011 19:49, schrieb Mathias Bauer:

>> I got problems only in three cases:
>>
>> (1) berkeley DB was missed in two places
> seems that we have overseen berkeley db here. Ok we have to find
> alternatives.
>
> One use case is the managing of extensions (extensions.db,
> uno_packages.db, ...)
>
> And the other use case is inthe help system.

I am volunteering to work on this.

Berkeley DB is used in modules l10ntools, xmlhelp and desktop.
I already had a look at its usage in l10ntools - it is 'dead' code which
never has been used. Thus, this dependency will go quite easy.

Any further help is welcome.

Best regards, Oliver.