Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by yves callaert <yv...@hotmail.com> on 2015/04/22 09:46:15 UTC

Problem with Hadoop 2.6 native build Windows

Hi All,I am currently trying to build Hadoop 2.6 for windows from the source code but I encountered a problem in the "libwinutils.c" class.The problem is with the following line of code:const WCHAR* wsceConfigRelativePath = WIDEN_STRING(STRINGIFY(WSCE_CONFIG_DIR)) L"\\" WIDEN_STRING(STRINGIFY(WSCE_CONFIG_FILE));Visual studio gives me the error "C2056: 'L': Undeclared Identifier"Following the above error , I get "Error C2099: initializer is not a constant"
Build environment:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 BitCygwin installedMicrosoft SDK 7.1 installedVisual studio 2010 installedProtocol Buffer 2.5 installed
I've been able to build hadoop 2.2 and 2.4 but this one seems to elude me.I would really appreciate any insight into the problem.
With regards,Yves

RE: Problem with Hadoop 2.6 native build Windows

Posted by "Kiran Kumar.M.R" <Ki...@huawei.com>.
Hi Yves,
For 64-bit compilation, it should work out of box.

What command are you using to build?
Below build command works for me
$mvn install -Pnative-win -DskipTests

Ensure you have cmake also.

Regards,
Kiran
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!