Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/05 03:45:14 UTC

Migrate from Myfaces 1.1 to 1.2

Hi
I was trying to migrate our application from jsf 1.1 to jsf 1.2 and had
issues with duplicate variable names, this code worked fine in jsf 1.1 why
complain in jsf 1.2

--
Ashish
www.ayurwellness.com

Re: Migrate from Myfaces 1.1 to 1.2

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I think all those problems are well known, or at least I can remember
them and how to solve them.

The problem with the duplicate ids was caused because in early
versions of myfaces core that check had a failure. See:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1825

So the most simple solution is use <f:subview> tag to wrap those
sections that cause duplicate ids, or change the ids where you find
problems.

The second problem is not a problem in tomahawk, instead it is related
with the adoption of Unified EL in JSF 1.2. In that time, all jsp tag
classes backing JSF components were changed. The implementation in JSF
1.1 used org.apache.myfaces.shared.el.SimpleActionMethodBinding class,
but all that was removed. Remove that entry is enough.

Note tomahawk has different jars for jsf 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0, to deal
with incompatibility problems between JSF versions. It could be useful
to know which problems you have found already, to add a migration
guide into myfaces documentation.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com>.