Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Elouan Keryell-Even <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 08:59:01 UTC

Re: Multiple active masters

@tommy Xiao the goal of our R&D work is precisely to have distant clusters
collaborating together, so we aren't really interested in having both
clusters on the same data center.

> If the running two agent in slave host, the two clusters will share
> resource all the time. One option I can image is to use meta framework to
> connect to the two cluster, and balance the resources between the two
> cluster.

In our use case both clusters are to collaborate in a decentralized way.
One cluster could occasionally connect to the other to schedule some of his
jobs to run there, but in a normal situation, each side would only run jobs
locally with its own scheduling capabilities.

Thus, a centralized meta-cluster running on top of everything and
supporting all the scheduling is not really what we are interested in. I
see it more like a brief extension of the clusters' scheduling power.

> ----
> Da (Klaus), Ma (马达) | PMP® | Advisory Software Engineer
> Platform Symphony/DCOS Development & Support, STG, IBM GCG
> +86-10-8245 4084 | klaus1982.cn@gmail.com | http://k82.me
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM, tommy xiao <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> run two slave in same node is bad idea on production env. i only say, why
>> not install two cluster in same DC?

>>> able to

>>> master and

>>> now, one
>>> master), while

>>> cluster
>>> jobs.

>>> masters at
>>>
>>> Try run two mesos-slave on the same node though I couldn't buy-in your
>>> use case?
>>>
>>> Of course, you have to configure different LIBPROCESS_PORT to avoid
>>> conflict
>>> and any other options you want, I didn't do this so I'm not sure if this
>>> works.

Doesn't that imply to statically split the computing resources of the slave?

Anyway, thank you all very much for your feedback, it is really appreciated
:)

Elouan Keryell-Even

Software Engineer @ Atos Integration

Toulouse, France