Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by BEN BOOKEY <br...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/12 16:44:08 UTC

Apologies but I still have a small question regarding UPDATES using torque

Dear list,

When I perform an update on a deleted row inside a Oracle 9i database I get no exception or message from torque that the row had been deleted and that the update had done nothing.

This information is very important I think in a multi-user env., as the user would be interested to know if his update had "failed" because user2 has deleted the row.

Could anyone comment on this. Oracle returns no error when this happens, what about other databases like DB2 or Mysql ?

Would appreciate any help,

Ben Bookey