Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/10 08:31:26 UTC

How to launch the Exception page?

Hi,

In certain cases, I do not want to use the standard error framework
(IValidate), but be more aggressive via launching the Exception page.

How can I do that from a AbstractPage? The activateExceptionPage is a
protected method of AbstractEngine!

Thanks.
DvJ

Re: How to launch the Exception page?

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
If you really only want to launch the Exception page, another way is....

    Exception nextPage = (Exception) getRequestCycle().getPage("Exception");
    nextPage.setException(myException);
    cycle.activate(nextPage);

This would make sense if you've customized your own copy of the Exception
page to handle all the error cases in your app.

Posted by Yves Sy <yv...@gmail.com>.