Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/04/21 11:19:31 UTC

[1.4] Checkout Screens

Hi

I have noticed that within Lenya 1.4 the checkout screens for BXE,
Form(s) are not really helpful, because
they don't really tell you what's the problem, whereas the Kupu screen
is fine.

What I don't understand is why each editor as another screen anyway ....

Any idea why this is the case?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: [1.4] Checkout Screens

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

[...]

>>> What I don't understand is why each editor as another screen anyway ....
>>>
>>> Any idea why this is the case?
>>

>> The screen belongs to the usecase, each usecase can display it
>> as it likes. The error message is generated by AbstractUsecase.
>> The BXE screen lacks the cancel button, this should be easy to fix.
>

> btw, if you click on the cancel button, you will receive an ugly
> exception ;-)

Yes, I noticed that. Would you mind filing a bug?

> I think Kupu offers a very good screen, so I would suggest to reuse the
> Kupu screen
> for all other screens.

The problem is that the Kupu screen is not generic, because it only
checks for the current document. It won't work for usecases where
multiple sources are involved (e.g., moving a subtree).

I'd suggest to enhance the error handling in AbstractUsecase.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org