Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org> on 2008/08/06 11:17:43 UTC

Re: Webdav and link-rewrite

Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Reinhard Pötz pisze:

>>> What's your suggestion for a configuration like this:
>>>
>>> <map:transformer name="linkrewriter"
>>> src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LinkRewriterTransformer">
>>>   <input-module name="book-raw">
>>>     <file src="cocoon://samples/linkrewriter/bookdemo/linkmap"
>>> reloadable="true" />
>>>   </input-module>
>>>   <input-module name="book">
>>>     <input-module name="book-raw">
>>>       <file src="{src}" reloadable="true" />
>>>     </input-module>
>>>     <prefix>//*[@label='</prefix>
>>>     <suffix>']/@href</suffix>
>>>   </input-module>
>>> </map:transformer>
>>
>> I have no suggestion but only to remove support for such stuff. These
>> days, when you define components as Spring beans you don't need to
>> support configuration passed from one component to another. At least I
>> don't see any need for supporting that kind of configuration.
>>
>> If we remove this, then of course we'll have to release 2.0 of link
>> rewriter block but I have no problem with it.
>
> I agree with you that we shouldn't support such stuff but what features
> do we want to see in a new LinkRewriteTransformer? (... hence my
> suggestion that we start with a ServletLinkRewriteTransformer because we
> know that we need it.)

Any comments, otherwise I still believe that we only need a
ServletLinkRewriteTransformer and will advise Lukas to go towards this
direction.

Re: Webdav and link-rewrite

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
On Aug 6, 2008, at 5:17 AM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>> I agree with you that we shouldn't support such stuff but what
>> features do we want to see in a new LinkRewriteTransformer? (...
>> hence my suggestion that we start with a
>> ServletLinkRewriteTransformer because we know that we need it.)
>
> Any comments, otherwise I still believe that we only need a
> ServletLinkRewriteTransformer and will advise Lukas to go towards
> this direction.

I'd suggest to start with ServletLinkRewriteTransformer. When/if needs
for other features become clear, it should be possible to implement
full version by extending from the basic ServletLinkRewriteTransformer
version.

Vadim