Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/01 07:02:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] issue 2541: Lack of HealthCheck ,we need it

Hi Folks,

Recently Longfei (@stoneapple) from ICBU SDC raised one interesting topic
against health check on issue 2541 [1]. Here below I list the brief
discussion thread on this issue:

@stoneapple:

@kimmking

@stoneapple

@beiwei30

@zonghaishang

@beiwei30

> what I propose is to provide a builtin health service which expose metrics
> data to the user, from which at lease user can easily to learn whether all
> other services are UP or not.

If you are interested in this, pls. check the whole discussion directly on
GitHub.

Longfei, if you happen to read this mail, would you like to share us your
design here, then we can further discuss based on your proposal?

Others, this feature is quite critical for micro service governance, I'd
like also hear from you. Feel free to discuss in mailing list, or propose
your thought directly on GitHub issue.

Thanks,
-Ian.

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/2541

Re: [DISCUSS] issue 2541: Lack of HealthCheck ,we need it

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
I left my opinions on Github issue#2541. Since the initial user of this issue seems to more likely to have this discussion on Github, it would be more convenient for him to notice that.

Briefly conclude, I raised two questions:
1. In what condition would we consider a service is ready for use?
1. How to export the health check service to end users, monitor systems or peer Dubbo Consumers? http, telnet or Dubbo?

Best regards,
Jun