Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/12/09 00:14:57 UTC

RE: TMDA & SA

Hi,

if someone sends you lots of crap from a handful of forged addresses, and your verification
does not cache results, you might create a lot of connects to innocent systems (and possibly
get blacklisted for that)

What happens if the other side does the same, and starts a smtp connection to your server in
response to your verification attempt? You might get two machines locking up each other.
A careful design (verifying at DATA command) would probably avoid that.

Both sender address validation and CR may lose valid email

I am using address verification but in the context of a web form: if a visitor is supplying an email
that seems to be unreachable, he/she would be asked to supply a different one.

Wolfgang Hamann

Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
is Sender Address Verification a feasible option? Let me rephrase , does
anyone here use it? If not why?=20