Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "olg.kpln@gmail.com" <ol...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/15 07:42:25 UTC

Ignite spatial index behavior

Is there an optimization about spatial index behavior?
I'm running a POC, trying to show Ignite performance when searching for a
polygon (from a polygon table) which intersects with a certain point
(randomly generated).
I've noticed that when the 'hit-ratio' is low (no intersecting polygon) the
query return faster.

Re: Ignite spatial index behavior

Posted by Pavel Vinokurov <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ignite provides envelope intersection, so it searches intersection of
bounding box for a polygon and a certain point.
Low 'hit-ratio' should not significantly affect to query performance.
Could you please share a small piece of code or a project.

> Is there an optimization about spatial index behavior?
> I'm running a POC, trying to show Ignite performance when searching for a
> polygon (from a polygon table) which intersects with a certain point
> (randomly generated).
> I've noticed that when the 'hit-ratio' is low (no intersecting polygon) the
> query return faster.

Regards

Pavel Vinokurov