Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/05/08 16:54:45 UTC

Some download requests that should not exist

I'm monitoring the download requests going out from our website.  I'm
seeing requests for things that do not exist, like:

/download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_ko.exe

/download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_pt.exe

/download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_fi.exe

/download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_vi.exe

This don't appear to be random users hacking the URL's themselves.
They are all coming from /download/index.html

-Rob

Re: Some download requests that should not exist

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes, I messed up and the flags I thought were already changed for these
> > non-existent language packs need to be changed...looked at the wrong
> > field...I am on this now and will have it fixed shortly.  so sorry...
> >

> Great, no real harm done.  Just confusion for << 1% of the downloads today.
>
> -Rob

hopefully this is fixed now...

> > On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> oh--this is NOT good! I'll take a look at what's set up in the languages
> >> array for them in just a bit. hmmmm....

> >> --

> >> MzK
> >>
> >> "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
> >>  And life has a funny way of helping you out
> >>  Helping you out."
> >>                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette
> >>

> > --

> > MzK
> >
> > "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
> >  And life has a funny way of helping you out
> >  Helping you out."
> >                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Re: Some download requests that should not exist

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
yes, I messed up and the flags I thought were already changed for these
non-existent language packs need to be changed...looked at the wrong
field...I am on this now and will have it fixed shortly.  so sorry...

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> oh--this is NOT good! I'll take a look at what's set up in the languages
> array for them in just a bit. hmmmm....
>

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm monitoring the download requests going out from our website.  I'm
>> seeing requests for things that do not exist, like:
>>
>> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_ko.exe
>>
>> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_pt.exe
>>
>> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_fi.exe
>>
>> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_vi.exe
>>
>> This don't appear to be random users hacking the URL's themselves.
>> They are all coming from /download/index.html
>>
>> -Rob

> MzK
>
> "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
>  And life has a funny way of helping you out
>  Helping you out."
>                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Re: Some download requests that should not exist

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
oh--this is NOT good! I'll take a look at what's set up in the languages
array for them in just a bit. hmmmm....

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm monitoring the download requests going out from our website.  I'm
> seeing requests for things that do not exist, like:
>
> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_ko.exe
>
> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_pt.exe
>
> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_fi.exe
>
> /download/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_vi.exe
>
> This don't appear to be random users hacking the URL's themselves.
> They are all coming from /download/index.html
>
> -Rob

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette