Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 10:07:43 UTC

Re: What is the intended process to publish trunk docbooks to the Qpid website?

Hi Justin

I haven't heard anything from builds@a.o re, INFRA-7243, so I sent a chaser.

Separately, I raised QPID-5593 to adopt the scripts to publish
jms-client-0-8.  I have a patch for this which I intend to commit
early this week.  I pass it on to you once its is done for a review,
if I may,

I'd like to delete the older copies of the trunk documentation from
site as soon as we have the versions published.

http://qpid.apache.org/components/programming/book/index.html
http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/index.html

It would be best if we could establish redirects from these URLs to
the new location.  Does anyone know if Apache allow its projects to
have mod_rewrite rules? I'm happy to write the rules if someone can
tell me the process I need to use to  have these applied to the
httpd.conf.

Kind regards, Keith.

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I committed changes under QPID-5593 and following three NO-JIRAs (svn
output below).
I have tested the result and all appears to be working as expected.
Would you mind taking a look too?  If you notice and issues, please
advise and I'll resolve.
(I actually missed your reply, so I actually committed the changes inc
the mod_rewrite rule before I'd seen your offer to validate them.  I
did check them with an online validator before applying, and retested
the live results).

re. http://qpid.apache.org/resources.html#trunk-documentation : I know
the trunk documentation links used by this page are now out of date.
re. http://qpid.apache.org//releases/qpid-trunk/index.html : I suppose
this page needs to be linked.

Kind regards

r1574248 | kwall | 2014-03-04 23:34:08 +0000 (Tue, 04 Mar 2014) | 5 lines

NO-JIRA: Retire old locations for published trunk docbooks for java
and cpp brokers, and programming.
mod_rewrite rules are in place (rev 1574239) to redirect the old
locations to the new for both
html and pdf to ensure existing links continue to work.

r1574239 | kwall | 2014-03-04 23:19:01 +0000 (Tue, 04 Mar 2014) | 1 line

NO-JIRA: Add site rewriting rules redirecting old trunk documentation
locations to the new beneath /releases/qpid-trunk/
r1574234 | kwall | 2014-03-04 22:49:59 +0000 (Tue, 04 Mar 2014) | 1 line

NO-JIRA: Publish trunk books

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:07 AM, Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> I haven't heard anything from builds@a.o re, INFRA-7243, so I sent a chaser.
>
> Separately, I raised QPID-5593 to adopt the scripts to publish
> jms-client-0-8.  I have a patch for this which I intend to commit
> early this week.  I pass it on to you once its is done for a review,
> if I may,

Great!