Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ivan Fernandez <iv...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/10 19:24:03 UTC

numberOfOnlineRegions available in just one regionServer

Hi,

I'm trying to run a HBase cluster on a development environment with several
nodes. One thing that I don't understand checking the HBase Master is why
all online regions are pointing to a single region server and don't balance
them among all the region servers.

I have 6 different tables, so I supposed that they were going to be
distributed among all the region server. But it doesn't seem so. I've also
tried setting hbase.master.startup.retainassign to false and
hbase.master.loadbalance.bytable to true as  this post
<http://answers.mapr.com/questions/7049/table-only-on-single-region-server>
suggested.

Any idea!

HBase Version	0.94.6.1.3.8.0-3,
Hadoop Version	1.2.0.1.3.8.0-3,

Re: numberOfOnlineRegions available in just one regionServer

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
Do you see other region servers from your master web UI? If so, if you
run balancer/balance_switch from the shell, what happens?